As my channel grows, so does the need to bring in more people into position of authority! No, I’m not talking about us to police the chat, but people that help carries the tone and persona of our channel.
If you’re interested in being a moderator for me, please fill out this application: http://goo.gl/forms/23ssYgGD6c
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks!
For a lot of you, it has been some time since I’ve last spoke to you all. I was on a vacation over the past week and slowly getting back into the groove of things. If you were at my last two streams, thank you guys for being there!
I’m always finding ways to make me, as a Twitch Broadcaster, more interesting. I decided to open up a new way to interact with me with ask.fm/tinner10tin
This website allows you the ability to ask me questions that you’re interested in knowing. I will do my best to answer all the questions and I’ll do them on stream too! It’s another way to get in touch with me and sometime I wanting to try out.
I hope to see some questions in there soon!
I was just browsing the RTX subreddit and realized how many people wanted to find things to do outside the convention. Here are my picks of what I recommend. Some are walkable, but most will require a drive or ride share. Lyft is 50% off right now.
- Whataburger – The most common question I get is, “Do you know Whataburger?” It a burger joint made famous in Texas. I recommend driving. ($6 – 8) 601 Barton Springs Rd.
- P. Terry’s – I like to call this Austin’s version of In N Out. I highly recommend this place. It’s walkable from RTX. ($6 – 8) 515 Congress Ave.
- Jackalope Bar & Grill – One of my FAVORITE places in downtown. It looks divey, but the food is great and the portions are very large. Burgers and Pizzas here are the mainstay. It’s a great bar to be at at night. They usually have a movie playing at the bar. It’s walkable from RTX ($9 – 11 on Burgers, $22 – 27 for a pizza to feed 4) 404 E 6th Street
- Sushi Junai – My go to Sushi place. Why? All you can eat sushi! This isn’t your chinese buffet sushi, this stuff is made to order. If you like sushi, I highly recommend it. They are sorta strict on leftovers, so don’t over order! I recommend you drive or take a lyft/uber. ($22 for Lunch $27 for Dinner) 1612 Lavaca St.
- Coco’s Cafe – My go to place for Boba drinks! They also have amazing food as well. My recommendation is peppercorn anything. I do recommend driving there. ($5 – $8 on Food; $4 on Drinks) 1910 Guadalupe St.
- Pho Thaison – Closest place for Vietnamese and it’s good. It’s right next to Coco’s, so you can get your boba on afterwards. ($8 for Pho, $9 – 11 for other menu items) 1908 Guadalupe St.
- Polvos Mexican Restaurant – Do you love Fajitas? Go here! They also serve adult beverages by the pitcher. Can get crowded but it’s a great place to chow down. You shouldn’t walk, regrets will be had. ($12 – 20) 2004 S 1st St.
- Whole Food’s – This is seriously the best place to go to if everyone doesn’t know what they want. They literally have everything in their “Food Court” area to eat. Indoor and Outdoor areas to sit and eat. They have EVERYTHING. You should drive ($10 – $12) 525 N Lamar Blvd.
- Max’s Wine Drive – This is a great place to get food and so close to the convention! I just ate there yesterday. So so good! ($15 ~ $25) 207 San Jacinto Blvd.
- Buffalo Billiards – A great bar on Dirty 6th that has lots of room and lots to do! 201 East 6th Street
- Kung Fu Saloon – Another great bar with a fun arcade! 510 Rio Grande
- Recess Arcade Bar – Bar and Arcade games. 222 E. 6th Street
- Firehouse Lounge – If you want a good cocktail, this is your place. 605 Brazos Street
- Pinballz Arcade – This place is great, so many pinball machines and more. At night, BYOB. Check out the rules 8940 Research Blvd.
- Peter Pan Mini Golf – 2 Putt putt courses and BYOB, bring a cooler. 1207 Barton Springs Rd.
- Game Republik – This is a LAN center. Their rates are $3 – $4 per hour depending on time. 3915 Guadalupe St.
- Top Golf – Batting cages meets Golf. This is soo soo fun! The food and service is great too. Bit on the pricier side, but it’s well worth it. 2700 Esperanza Crossing
- K1 Speed – Indoor go kart track, it’s a lot of fun but there’s not much to it except go karts. 2500 McHale Ct
I hope this was all helpful to you all! If you have any questions, you are welcome to reach out to me via Twitter at @tinner10tin
Happy RTX Everyone!
One of my great great moderators was kind enough to make me a thing for my birthday. Not only did she capture my greatest qualities ;) She also capture it all in a video. If you want to find a good creative twitcher, check her out http://www.twitch.tv/cozmic_lights