I was able to try out Streamline yesterday, and I was impressed. The game itself looks very simplistic but it drew out the competitive angst that I had, which drove me to play even more. I can also appreciate the viewer interface to keep viewers entertained if they didn’t have the game.
Good job Proletariat on an excellent start to an early access game, and thank you Twitch Prime for letting me have the game for free, because free is good.
I was just browsing the RTX subreddit and realized how many people wanted to find things to do outside the convention. Here are my picks of what I recommend. Some are walkable, but most will require a drive or ride share. Lyft is 50% off right now.
- Whataburger – The most common question I get is, “Do you know Whataburger?” It a burger joint made famous in Texas. I recommend driving. ($6 – 8) 601 Barton Springs Rd.
- P. Terry’s – I like to call this Austin’s version of In N Out. I highly recommend this place. It’s walkable from RTX. ($6 – 8) 515 Congress Ave.
- Jackalope Bar & Grill – One of my FAVORITE places in downtown. It looks divey, but the food is great and the portions are very large. Burgers and Pizzas here are the mainstay. It’s a great bar to be at at night. They usually have a movie playing at the bar. It’s walkable from RTX ($9 – 11 on Burgers, $22 – 27 for a pizza to feed 4) 404 E 6th Street
- Sushi Junai – My go to Sushi place. Why? All you can eat sushi! This isn’t your chinese buffet sushi, this stuff is made to order. If you like sushi, I highly recommend it. They are sorta strict on leftovers, so don’t over order! I recommend you drive or take a lyft/uber. ($22 for Lunch $27 for Dinner) 1612 Lavaca St.
- Coco’s Cafe – My go to place for Boba drinks! They also have amazing food as well. My recommendation is peppercorn anything. I do recommend driving there. ($5 – $8 on Food; $4 on Drinks) 1910 Guadalupe St.
- Pho Thaison – Closest place for Vietnamese and it’s good. It’s right next to Coco’s, so you can get your boba on afterwards. ($8 for Pho, $9 – 11 for other menu items) 1908 Guadalupe St.
- Polvos Mexican Restaurant – Do you love Fajitas? Go here! They also serve adult beverages by the pitcher. Can get crowded but it’s a great place to chow down. You shouldn’t walk, regrets will be had. ($12 – 20) 2004 S 1st St.
- Whole Food’s – This is seriously the best place to go to if everyone doesn’t know what they want. They literally have everything in their “Food Court” area to eat. Indoor and Outdoor areas to sit and eat. They have EVERYTHING. You should drive ($10 – $12) 525 N Lamar Blvd.
- Max’s Wine Drive – This is a great place to get food and so close to the convention! I just ate there yesterday. So so good! ($15 ~ $25) 207 San Jacinto Blvd.
- Pinballz Arcade – This place is great, so many pinball machines and more. At night, BYOB. Check out the rules 8940 Research Blvd.
- Peter Pan Mini Golf – 2 Putt putt courses and BYOB, bring a cooler. 1207 Barton Springs Rd.
- Game Republik – This is a LAN center. Their rates are $3 – $4 per hour depending on time. 3915 Guadalupe St.
- Top Golf – Batting cages meets Golf. This is soo soo fun! The food and service is great too. Bit on the pricier side, but it’s well worth it. 2700 Esperanza Crossing
- K1 Speed – Indoor go kart track, it’s a lot of fun but there’s not much to it except go karts. 2500 McHale Ct
I hope this was all helpful to you all! If you have any questions, you are welcome to reach out to me via Twitter at @tinner10tin
Happy RTX Everyone!
For those who are like me, that play Splatoon, you’ll understand what I’m talking about when I talk about the “A Communication Error Has Occurred.” error.
It was a HUGE pain on my side when it comes to playing a very competitive game and to get zero points from it, that’s a double whammy. Why does this happen? Typically, wireless isn’t very good for anything that requires a lot of transfer of data.
This includes Twitch Streaming, watching videos on YouTube/NetFlix/Hulu, and playing online multiplayer games. Will Wifi work well most of the time, absolutely! BUT! if you get a little bitter for the minor blip of a communication error or lag, then wireless is not for you.
With the suggestions of my chat, I got a USB ethernet adaptor:
Get it from Amazon ($10)
It’s a plug and play process. If you need instructions, you can have them here: http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1668/~/how-to-connect-a-wii-lan-adapter-to-the-wii-u
After playing Splatoon with this thing installed made a world a difference. If the Wii U embraces more online game play, then having a stable Internet connection via wired connection become more important to be competitive, but also keeping you from being really salty.
This isn’t the best adaptor, but for $10, this is a good value for getting a stable Internet connection to your Wii U. If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask me in the Twitch live stream or on Twitter.
For those who don’t know, Tin and Tin’s Girlfriend play Don’t Starve. Tin’s GF actually plays it a lot. With that said, I’m really excited to share the news that Don’t Starve is coming to the iPad!
You’re going to need a later version of the iPad, but if you have it, it’s at the low price of $5!
More details here: http://www.dontstarvegame.com/ipad
A few weeks back, one of my viewers mentioned about needing a new gaming mouse. In the world of gaming accessories, things can get really expensive. I’m the type of gamer that will pay for quality products, but they do not have to be the most expensive.
A mouse that I have been very happy with this the Etekcity Scroll X1:
Get it on Amazon
This mouse works like a charm and has 3 DPI settings (800/1600/2400 DPI) to give you the sensitivity that you need with your games. I currently play with 1600 dpi as I do not need something too sensitive. The biggest thing about this mouse. It’s only $14.
This mouse gives you the best bang for your buck, and you would need to go through at least 3 of these mice to equal to the price of your more mainstream gaming mouse.
Do yourself a favor, save the extra money on games, and get this mouse now.